krkeenan

CRW @ Chester SC

For those unfortunate souls who missed it, the CRW camp at Skydive Carolina, in Chester SC, was a great success. This is a really nice DZ, with a staff who worked very hard to make the event run smoothly and make sure everyone had a good time.

The old SC state CRW formation record of 13 was shattered several times, the final formation of the camp setting the new record with a beautifully-flying 30-way. :)
There were just enough "sub-nominal" docking maneuvers and "rotational canopy interactions" to make things interesting, but nothing that a few new shoes, hook knives, and reserve repacks couldn't take care of.:S

The organizers were nothing short of amazing. Mike Lewis demonstrated holding up entire formations with his bare toes, Brian Pangburn showed that he can climb a tree like a scalded cat. Along with Kirk VanZandt and Dave Richardson, they engineered and flew our formations to perfection. Pam, Lyn, Bryan, and Tom shot great videos that showed all of the good, bad, and ugly of each dive. Elizabeth Fowler was all over the place keeping things running, and having our brother Paul Bliss around for the weekend was an extra-special treat.

The after-hours entertainment was up to the usual CRWDog standards. All that can be said about that is; “What goes on at the DZ stays at the DZ”. :o

Kevin K.
======================
Seasons don't fear the Reaper,
nor do the Wind, the Sun, or the Rain...

Yes, I concur. The camp was great. I want to thank everyone for giving me more tips and pointers, and thanks for all the great times. I'm really glad I went, and got to see a bunch of familiar faces, and meet some new ones. It was such a great time. I can't wait for the next one :)B|

CReW Skies,
"Women fake orgasms - men fake whole relationships" – Sharon Stone
"The world is my dropzone" (wise crewdog quote)
"The light dims, until full darkness pierces into the world."-KDM