caspar

stretching

i was wondering if doing stretches in the morning (back legs arms etc) help with your flying skills [noticebly]

i only bring this up because, as always, i was thinking about jumping and how im not very flexible. anyone do this? or do you think its a bit over the top and a waste of time, i mean, its not like everyone is doing yoga at the DZ,

im turning into a holiday jumper and wont be jumping for another 2 months so cant try it out myself so thats why i bugging all of you.

probably another pointless thought.
"When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading."

I don't know if it will help your skills, but it will definitely help your body. I always stretch before jumping, running, or any other physical activity. I usually get up from my desk at some point in the day to stretch just because it feels good. It's good for you.

Last weekend I forgot to stretch before the first jump of the day and my back was sore for two days afterward. :S

dude I stretch all the time....

so much so that it has become a joke about how I will be talking to you one second and then stretchign and talking to you the next

The more limber you are the less injuries you will be prone to

Dave
http://www.skyjunky.com

CSpenceFLY - I can't believe the number of people willing to bet their life on someone else doing the right thing.

I used to never stretch before jumping and never really thought anything of it. However, when I started freeflying in the wind tunnel I realized the HUGE benefits of stretching. Now I always stretch before skydiving and flying in the tunnel and I've seen a noticeable improvement in my overall flying and range of movements.

Cheers!

--Jairo
Low Profile, snag free helmet mount for your Sony X3000 action cam!