prepheckt

Cypres 2

I just bought one, and it seems to act exactly like a Cypres 1, is there anything besides the water resistant case, longer battery life that would justify the extra cost? I turned it on, and it started counting down from 10 and it hit 0, it was good to go.
"Dancing Argentine Tango is like doing calculus with your feet."
-9 toes

I think it can depend on what you pay for the unit, but the way it worked out for me was that the Cypres 2 was cheaper then the Cypres (1) when I added up all of the costs over the entire life of the AAD. Not paying for battery changes in Years 2, 6, and 10 meant the overall cost was cheaper than a Cypres 1. Not by much, but hey, it was a couple of free jumps.

The unit is also a bit smaller, which makes a tad of difference in smaller rigs.

two other features:
It keeps track of the days until next service.. and warns you automatically when it draws near.

It can display ther serial number of the unit on the LCD (without opening the unit and checking). Any good rigger should write it on your pack card, but this is an additional benefit.

BTW, I think the cutter itself is also water resistant, not just the case.