javip82

Probably starting a freefly group

Me and some friends at our dropzone are probably starting a freeflying team. If we where to get pretty serious about this, how many people would you recomend? How many jumps in a given month would you sugest we do in order to at least concider entering a novice competiton. What kind of drills can we do? What competetions are out there for novices?
I guess what I am really asking is for any vital information that might help us.

jump alot.
seriously, you have alot of skills to attain before you start competing. the only way to get good is to jump as much and as often as possible. then think about a team. plan evey dive and dive what you planned. get coaching when possible, stay current, travel to other dz's. most importantly have fun. freeflying aint just about getting better, its the journey.
its kind of like playing an instrument in high school. everyone wants to be in a rock band more than they want to be a musician.
enjoy yo self
>

That is what we intend to do, to jump together more often so that we can get more knoweledge from one another while having fun. I guess that means that there are no competitions of freeflying for newbies out there?

That is what we intend to do, to jump together more often so that we can get more knoweledge from one another while having fun. I guess that means that there are no competitions of freeflying for newbies out there?

Freefly money meet. Not neccessarily for newbie TEAMS -- they pair you with random people of similar skill. They have a beginner class. Everyone I know has fun with it.
Why yes, my license number is a palindrome. Thank you for noticing.

I would HIGHLY recommed any new teams consider working towards competing in the Nationals. In the US we have an intermediate class, and any team that spends a season training well should be able to hold their own. Even if you feel that you don't have the skills yet, GO COMPETE!! In the US, people already want to do away with freeflying 3 way since we never have more than 20 teams total. It just takes people working hard and putting the effort to go to nationals to make it better in the long run. Besides, it's fun as hell.
Oh, hello again!

I guess is going to have to bee for next year. But hell yeahh. if we dedicate to train ourselfs for that, we will defenetly go and compete.
So you are saying that team competing for nationals have to be 3 way's?

I guess is going to have to bee for next year. But hell yeahh. if we dedicate to train ourselfs for that, we will defenetly go and compete.
So you are saying that team competing for nationals have to be 3 way's?

yep.. they are two people in front of the video, and one person flying the video.. the three together make it a team.

Go ahead and train all season, if you're dialed in flying with each other you should be able to do pretty well for yourself like they said earlier.

And you might be competing against me next year.. thinking about going to nationals with a freefly team, even though I would have to compete as a guest.

Have fun!
Iwan