ianmdrennan

Matter Clothing Jumpsuits Review

I posted this in Gear and Rigging, but after seeing TDogs post I figured this was a good response (and overdue on my part)

So a little while back I commented in Wrongway's thread that I'd write a review of out teams Matter Proconcept Suits once we'd had some chance to spend some time under them and abusing them :)
Ordering Experience

Ordering the jumpsuits was a painless and fast process. We went through the USA rep, Frida Olsen, who was extremely helpful and answered all measurement and option questions quickly and throughly. The team members ordered the 3 stripe Proconcept 2 suit and one of the members had theirs be the split option (pants and jacket).

Wait time

Wait time for the 3 jumpsuits was approximately 10 weeks, as per their website. All 3 jumpsuits were delivered within 2 days of each other.

Material/Durability/Quality

All 3 team members agree that, without a doubt, this is the highest quality jumpsuit any of us have ever owned. All 3 fit great, looked great and are extremely durable. After 100+ jumps ours all look new still with myself putting EXTRA stress on mine trying all sorts of new landing tricks. Besides a few grassstains the material is still in good as new condition - very surprising.

Flight

The 3 jumpsuits are form fitting (tight) as we requested. They fly wonderfully with a huge range available to the jumper. We all find that the tighter fit allows a MUCH LARGER RANGE than the baggier suits that are generally on the market.

Price

Currently, because of the euro conversion, the suits are slightly more expensive than most other (Ouragon excluded) on the market. The price is $400, but well worth it we believe. Considering the abuse we've put these suits through already we have good reason to believe they will still look great in another 500 jumps. We should be jumping these for some time to come still.

Overall

Everything we hoped they'd be. Great fitting suit, well made and durable.

Blues,
Ian
Performance Designs Factory Team

Sounds like you had a great experience with them.
Mine was a shocker from start to finish.
The material they use is certainly good enough and they delivered in the time they quoted but they ignored completely specific requests on the design, it was such a poor fit that I had to have it re-built by a seamstress and when I tried to get back to them to complain they just laughed at me and told me to sod off.
I wouldnt touch them unless it was for free!!

1.618 !