davelepka

Freefly Standards?

"qualified" should include those that have the ability to teach. Just because someone is good at something, doesn't mean they are good at teaching.

Ain't that the truth.

"Qualified' in this case is anyone who is has as much control as the beginner flyer lacks. Just so long as they can prevent collisions, thats all I'm talking about.

Coming up with a progression is best left to someone who spends all thier time coaching freeflyers. The main problem I see is that it would take a long time to develop a 'standard' progression, and likewise it would take the new flyer a long time to read and understand. My goal here is just to keep everyone safe in their own airspace. If a person wants to learn in some ass-backwards way, thats up to them, so long as they don't hurt anyone in the process.

I do agree that some additional guidance would help people along in a big way. As freeflying matures, and the level of flying goes up, the newbie has that much furhter to go before he can play with the 'cool kids'. For this reason alone the student needs to be smarter and more informed.

LIke I said, I'm not the guy for that job. I just don't want to read about people running into each other for no reason other than the lack of some simple and basic information.

Not only that - but you need to be able to look at yourself and really say YES or NO I can handle this dive. By lying to yourself about your level of expereince, you are putting yourself AND others in jeopardy.

-- (N.DG) "If all else fails – at least try and look under control." --