elpapi

Freeflying Instructional Video/Book

First of all, I'd like to thank OzoneJunkie for his freeflying tips! I'm sure I'll use them after the snow thaws here in VA. Can anyone recommend a good book,CD Rom or video that will help me out with the basics of freeflying and relative work? I'm looking for something pretty basic, as I only have 35 jumps. Just looking for something to supplement my coached jumps, solos, and two ways. Thanks

Well, as far as a good book for the basics of freefly, I am all out of answers. However, a great video(s) is "Worthless Eye Candy" it features many great flyers with Olav Zipser breaking down the moves in slow- Mo with his partners at the Space Games, which he helped demonstrate to the judges what the moves are supeposed to look like, which the judges used later to base the scoring on. I learned some new moves myself from that video, and I think it should be viewed by all free flyers, dont forget the infamous "Olav" video. Damn. If you just sit and watch that video all the way through, you will be amazed at what those guys can do, but thats where all the practice comes in to play, so buy them both and start learning... Partyboy

Up High!!

I would like one as well. I was doing some searching and ran across Pat Works book and video The Art of vRW. I haven't heard anything about it though.

has anyone seen or heard anything about it?

I own it, seen it 100 times, and here's my $.99 super value meal, in a nutshell. (a very big nutshell)

The book is pretty damn good, VERY in depth, and offers two versions of every move: The Zen version, and the Meat and Potatoes version for all you non New Age people. B| It describes a lot of different docks and ways to fly, but a few of them a a little out of date. Still, VERY useful, and great for learning names of docks and moves (eagle, spock, etc.)

The video is not instructional but is great eye candy. However things are also a little out of date in it too. For instance you see a lot of sitflying with feet & knees together. But there is one really cool clip where Pat Works sits there with a badminton birdie and explains how head down works, and how you move on your head. This is the best and easiest to understand explanation I personally have ever seen.

So there ya go, the book rocks (but is a little behind), and the video is fun to watch, but with a small exception, don't expect to learn much.

Just my $.99 super value meal. B|

Wrong Way
D #27371 Mal Manera Rodriguez Cajun Chicken Ø Hellfish #451
The wiser wolf prevails.

Hey, I've not seen it, but I've heard many a good thing about the Vertical Journey video by Brian Germain. Supposedly, he breaks down the body positions and takes a point by point view of what inputs are necessary for desired results.

Thinking of ordering it myself.

I too would like to check that out. I've heard lots of good things about it but never have seen it. Lemme know how it is if you get it. B|

Wrong Way
The wiser wolf prevails.

I have seen Brian Germain's book and video and highly recommend it. It is fun to watch, very educational, and solid on the basics. Good safety advice as well.

Every year we give a set away as a prize at the Gravity Rat Freefly Revolution.

Rat for Life - Fly till I die
When them stupid ass bitches ask why

Lemme know how it is if you get it. B|

Will-do buddy. I just got off the phone with Brian and I'm ordering myself a copy. He told me a second vid is in the works. This will be in the same fashion as the first but focused on Canopy Flight!

Like I said, I've not see 'vertical journey' but from what I hear, it's one of the only vids out there that takes a point by point instructional view at FF... Now I'm looking forward to the Canopy one.

My Karma ran over my Dogma!!!

That's SOOOOOOO badass dude. I just saw some good video of Brian this weekend, and man, I've never seen such a relaxed flyer. His hands are just blowing in the wind, but were controlled. What I wouldn't give to be THAT relaxed....B|

Wrong Way
The wiser wolf prevails.