gadget34

Sit Fly

There have been a ton of threads on sit-flying in this forum. Try doing a search and I'm sure you'll find your answers.
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

I am not an expert, but I can tell you what worked for me.

Keep your body square, by this I mean all your joints must be 90 degrees starting from feet, then knees, thighs and arms.

While in freefall never get on your belly, only before the opening. If you get on your belly, bring your knees to your chest, this would put you into back-sliding sit. Now pull your knees down to make that 90 degree.

Oh yea, one more thing, before you pull, slow down: get on your belly and try to be as wide as you can for 2-5 seconds.

Have you tried back flying first? If not, work on that for a while, and once you can control it pretty well then ease your way up to a sit. Try wearing a big shirt and tighter pants(more drag on top). Remember to relax, look at the horizon. Keep you legs under you at first, back straight, arms out to sides and bent at the elbows. Relax. Slowly bring your legs down and slightly spread them out. And did I mention RELAX and breath. Good LUck

I would go out with a coach and do a sit-train exit. Very helpful. If you get a decent coach they should be able to just plop you into a sit. (After a bit of coaching and practice on the ground.)

Its a fun exit, and it allows you to concentrate on the perfect position and not worry so much about stability until they release you.

"Life is a temporary victory over the causes which induce death." - Sylvester Graham

On a solo, try what I call the "human space-ball" exit :)
Basically, bring your knees up to your chest like a cannonball but put your arms out to the sides but slightly up and back. It's like a space ball if you let your arms loosen up a bit to act like the ribbon. This will guaranty an arse-down orientation and it will be stable. From this, slowly push your heels down and get your legs out to the 90, 90, 90 degrees that you practiced on the edge of a picnic table beforehand. Make sure you do this slowly as your arms will have to adjust as you do it.

You'll be sitting in no time :)
Also, and I'm sure you'll be told this a hundred times but get video. A jump with video is like 10 without when you're trying to nail something new.

Blues,
nick

My Karma ran over my Dogma!!!