michaelflying

layout in a stand

What the hell? Since when did freefly come into the license requirements for a C license? Dude, somebody is screwing with you. ;) Do your requirements on your belly, it's easy, no sweat. I'd try to help with the layout, but I can't even begin to put what I'm thinking into words. :S

Wrong Way
D #27371 Mal Manera Rodriguez Cajun Chicken Ø Hellfish #451
The wiser wolf prevails.

I have only really done free fly did my cat2 flat then started free flying and am getting c licence through freestyle to go 4 jumpmaster rating. i can do the layout but want to get hints on a smoother transition without having to go back into a sit.
Need 8 ways 4 C licence on belly and my DZ has a 182 so not likely only at boogies.
www.skydivekzn.co.za

Break the manuever down into pieces.

Begin the transition, tuck up your legs, extend your legs just past the 180 degree mark into sit then stand (accelerated obviously). Hard one to explain, but it's not as difficult as you think.

Blue skies
Ian
Performance Designs Factory Team

You can do the layout with your legs extended through out the whole manuever (unless this is freestyle this is not the way IMHO to do freeflying transitions - I never did like those CAT tests anyway :)
Break it down into pieces once again:
Lay back and let the wind catch your legs (small arch) as your feet reach the 270 (horizon) mark lean your chest forward to stop the rotation. Throughout the transition keep your hands out at your sides in the "T" position and keep your legs straight.

Hope this helps,

Blue skies
Ian
ps: Next time I come and visit my folks in SA I'll stop by MaritzBARRAH and we can do some jumps if you're still there.
Performance Designs Factory Team