shotat

Difference between Odyssey J1KS and J1KL

Javelin puts the size of the parachute that will fit in each container on their website instead of the actual container measurements. So, what are the measurement differences between a J1KS and a J1KL and are these differences visible to the normal person? The Sunpath website says that both will hold the same size reserve but that The J1KS is for a 135-150 sqf canopy whereas a J1KL is for a 150-170. What happened to the days when a J1 was a J1 ;) Also. even though its not rated for it, could you fit a Sabre 170 into a J1KS????

***How come all the rich kids get to make all of the jumps?***

dont know about the odessy but I had no problems placing an Electra 170 in my J1 (ks) before my Hornet 150 arrived, I did 20 odd jumps on the 170 and the rig closed nicely every time
It's a tiny bit harder to close then with the 150 but not much and I didn't have to change the closing loop length:)
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Hi,

I have a Odyssey J1KS and a reasonably old Sabre 170 (600-700) jumps. The main goes into the bag reasonably well if you're careful with it and do a tight pack job. Getting it into the container is not any more difficult, but I find I have to be very careful with the line stows not to disturb them.

I was also advised by Sunpath to leave the container open when not jumping it to avoid stretching it out. I must admit that I'm starting to look forward to downsizing to a 150 as it is a bit of a pain.

As for the physical differences between the J1KS and the J1KL I don't know.

Cheers

Tom

Just looking at the different names, perhaps they mean

J1KL - Long
J1KS - Short

My have something to do with harness size or shape?? Someone know and can they explain?

tash
Don't ever save anything for a special occasion. Being alive is a special occasion. Avril Sloe

from sunpath's site:

model: reserve : main :airlock main
J1KS : 143 - 150 : Z.P up to 150 : 135 -150
J1KL : 143 - 150 : Z.P up to 170 : 170

it would seem that long and short would be correct, the longer one taking a larger main. i think the containers are the same width, but the longer one would put the boc in a more natural position for a taller jumper.
"Hang on a sec, the young'uns are throwin' beer cans at a golf cart."
MB4252 TDS699
killing threads since 2001