Geoff

Strange 'tracking'

Hi
I joined some guys at my DZ doing some very steep tracking-type dives at the weekend. They called it 'altimonti' or something similar. Anybody know anything about this technique? It's kinda half way between a head-down and a track, and I'd never heard of it before.
Any info appreciated.
Geoff

SHIT.... I'm posting in the FF Forum.... what will the world come to!!!!
Anyways, Its "Atmonauti" (twist on Astronaute or Cosmonaute but for the Atmostphere, in italian instead)
A bunch of italian are really the ones doing most of it that I've seen. Its 1/2 way between tracking and full head down. cant seam to fint their site anymore, but its around....
Remi
Muff 914

http://digilander.iol.it/frickmarco//pag-atmonauti.html
Hope you can read Italian!!
else use........... http://babelfish.altavista.com/tr ......to translate it..............
HTH bro..........
bsbd
"In a world where we are slaves to gravity I am pleased to be a freedom fighter"

I thought it slightly different to a flock dive? but yeah I see where you are comin' from............ same thing really.......
If there is a difference can someone explain!
bsbd
"In a world where we are slaves to gravity I am pleased to be a freedom fighter"

It's not the same as flocking - to me flocking is head-down, but moving along.
Atmonaute (at least I know what it's called now, thanks!) seems to be more like a steep track, and it has quite a slow fall rate - probably only a bit faster than a normal track, certainly not head-down. The person leading is usually on their front, and the others underneath, on their backs.
That's how it seemed to me, anyway.
Geoff

its invented by marco tiezzi and gigiola borgonis. they are at lapalisee(they have a link)www.lapalisse-aero.com
its more like a slide than a track but the rabbit is on his front and everyone else is on thier back, it is very efficient and an awesome way to fly. marco and g are genius's, they discovered it when looking for a way to film G's freestyle with only the ground in focus. they rock...