mbrewerst

Sigma 10mm question

your question is likely regional. Some lenses are more prone than others, but the region makes a difference too.
I recommend you put it in a ziplock bag when you take it outside and allow it to come to ambient temp before you take it out of the bag (assuming you're in a high humidity area).

If the lens is consistent in fogging, I'd stop jumping it simply out of fear of mold. This is a huge problem with lenses coming from south eastern us and gulf states.

as DSE stated....I jump in florida and had a sigma 15 mm, yes you will have that little problem be extra careful if you change lenses between jumps or on the ground as moisture can get inside your camera.

As a side note, i just got an 8mm rokinon for my Nikon is manual, is half the price of the Sigma and you will never use the automatic focus on free fall, the lens is fantastic! maybe that will save you a few bucks depending on what you are planning on using it, but frankly I use the rokinon for everything
http://web.mac.com/ac057a/iWeb/AC057A/H0M3.html