pepper01

first shoot with olympus

ok, i got my Olympus PEN E-PM1 with stock lens and did my first tandems. i also ordered a mouth switch from Martin at Exit Equipment. the switch isn't 90 deg but worked very well. very easy to push against the top of your mouth and take pics. it also took about a week to get to the states! so far im impressed with it all!
i would say that the stock lens may not be the best but a wider angle lens. comparison to hand cams, it's perfect. i do need to mess with the settings a bit more for better pics. i am by no means a great camera guy or a professional photographer but i think this camera is awesome, especially since it's so light!
any advice on setting would be awesome, or advice on types of lens i need. i was thinking a 20mm prime may be the way to go.
here is a link to some pics.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/99497854@N03/

My current setup on the olympus

There is a setting that I can't ever remember the name of that you need for manual focus...I want to say it is something like "auto reset off" or auto return off.... something like that. It's int the custom functions and it keeps the fly by wire focus from resetting to infinity when you power cycle the camera, and allows you to tape the focus ring to where you want it.

Auto focus worked ok..but having better results with manual.

I shoot in RAW, high speed, auto ISO

20mm prime lens (good for 4 way, might want the 17 or 14 for tandem).

Most of the time I shoot shutter priority at around 1/500th. I'll slow that down a bit for dusk shots

stability control on

careful with gaffers tape over the video button, it pulls out easily.

I think thats everything