mrubin

Contour Chest Mount?

I recently got a good deal on a Contour and am wondering if anyone has created a chest mount for it and if so, how well it works.

I jump a full face helmet and am less than thrilled with the mounting options. I do a lot of RW and am a beginner wing suiter, so the camera will not be used on a wing suit jump for a while. I'm not hoping to get incredible video, just something that I can share with my friends and family who are interested and possibly use in a debrief of some coach jumps.
"I fly because it releases my mind from the tyranny of petty things." - Antoine de Saint-Exupery

I saw one last weekend, made from a small plate of plastic with a pistol rail mounted to it, and the Contour mounted to the rail. I didn't get a photo of it, but the plastic was more or less flat, two slits in it for the chest strap to go through, beneath the rail. This was on a wingsuit rig. The plastic appeared to be ABS plastic cut out with a Dremel or similar.
Monkey has a lot of experience with playing with plastic, he might be able to give some suggestions.

I used to use ABS, but found that it would break if it was flexed too much. Have great video of an alti flying off after colliding during an RW jump. I am not fond of using the chest strap because as you move and change body position, the strap can loosen and the angle of the camera will change as well. I have be playing with a mudflap mount for a gopro similar to my altimount that needs some tweeking. Only have a few jumps on it so but it is very simple and rock solid. Just need some more time to jump it to get it set up. It would be pretty eas to mount some type of rail on it for the contour.
50 donations so far. Give it a try.

You know you want to spank it
Jump an Infinity