Skwrl

Bonehead Bel-vue

Has anyone used one? I'm considering picking one up to capture weird angles. I'll either put a Contour GPS or a CX110 on it. Thoughts? Anybody have one they aren't using?
Skwrl Productions - Wingsuit Photography

Northeast Bird School - Chief Logistics Guy and Video Dork

Thanks. I'll check in with Jarno. I'm curious about the angles he's able to get with it. As for cutting holes in the suit, that's true, but it's relatively easy to make a small hole with a zipper that will handle the arm of the bel-vue.
Skwrl Productions - Wingsuit Photography

Northeast Bird School - Chief Logistics Guy and Video Dork

you don't even need a zipper. Just a slit, hemmed to prevent rip, and a set of stiff elastic behind the slit that will "surround" the post of the bel-vue.
They are definitely fun for a lot of shots. Look at Robi's vids, you can see a LOT of Bel-vue footage.

Robert never uses the Bell-Vue. He uses a fixed mount. Same position, but limited to front/back. Similar to the Bell-Vue with regards to the mounting plate, but it doesnt use the ram-mountsegments in between the plate and camera. I usually have the camera angled a bit away from my body, meaning its also pointing up a bit, catching more of my face ('you're so vain' playing in the background:P).

The swiveling Ram-Mount allows for a lot of varying directions in which you can point the camera. You'll find a lot of these shots spread throughout a lot of the vids on our Vimeo account. This one especially has quite a few at the start. Lens/cam on most is a RayNox 0.3 with a CX100/105).

I do have a custom-made leg mount, similar in design (same ram-mount connectors) which I use more these days than the belly mount. Mostly related to easier rigging. (also used that in the 2010 Zflock video a few times) and less fuss when putting the suit on.

In terms of using it under the suit, its a hole with two bits of overlapping elastic band, creating a fabric vagina through which my nob easily slips out...(did that sound wrong?).

Warning: Jumping leg/body mounts will make you the aim of sooo many jokes on how much you like seeing yourself, how you dont have friends to film you etc etc.
But they are always followed by a wispering 'where can I order one';)

JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?