Pigi

What's the best editing program for tandem/AFF videos?

Hi guys! What's the best program for editing video with Windows OS?
Do you know if is possible to create a sort of mask (i.e. template) you could use everytime for tandem simply put the new footage inside? I need to know how to save time in that way;)
Thanks to everybody!!!

p.s.

What do you think about the VASST Tandem Videos Made Easy - Workflows for Speed and Success? anyone would like to share it?;)

That's like asking what is the best container or what is the best canopy. There are as many answers as there are people who edit videos. I don't know about the best, but Vegas Movie Studio is a solid affordable option at <$100. The learning is flatter in my opinion than other NLE software.

Yes it is possible and a good idea to create a template and use that for each video. Most efficient operations do that in one way or another.

VASST video is worth a look at, especially because you seem to be new to NLE editing. It may be slightly dated but the basic information and tips for a fast workflow certainly hold up. I have a copy collecting dust on my shelf. PM me and maybe we can work something out.

We just switched to using Terminal Concepts (http://www.terminalconcepts.com/skydive/) for video edits. It's based on Vegas Pro, but reduces your editing time by automating much of the process. Basically just import the video clips, make a few quick mouse clicks, hit go and you're done. The student gets a customized DVD with customized menu and an email with a Youtube link. If you're going for fast, I recommend a product like that, and I think there are other similar products available. Of course it costs a bit to set up and operate, and only you can decide whether the time savings is worth the monetary cost.