webracer

Sony CX300 or higher problems?

Is anyone using the models above the CX 100/110/150? I know they have optical stabilization, but is that causing a problem anymore?
I bought one for tandem vids (but haven't jumped it yet) and am getting ready to buy another for backup. I don't want to buy a 300 for back up if it will not work well, but I also don't want the lesser quality CX 110 or 150 if i can use the 300.
Any help will be appreciated.
Troy

I am now free to exercise my downward mobility.

CNET is for measurebators.
yes, there is a diff between 24mbps and 17mbps. But not enough to warrant a much higher cost, and certainly not for skydiving purposes, IMO. The overhead on the CPU, added file size, and still very high compression put these in the "middle" category for me.
Certainly nice cams. Certainly better comp ratio.
Return on investment for "average" skydiving use? It's not there, IMO.

I also now see that the CX300 has an active setting, standard setting, and off setting for the image stabilization, even though it is listed as optical image stabilization

Um, so? The whole problem with OIS is that it moves even when turned off. EIS you can turn off if you need to. OIS, for skydiving purposes, not.

ciel bleu,
Saskia