pfortier

CX150, or go all the way to CX500? Replacing a PC109

Looking for a little advice...

I'm looking to move away from tape and up to memory stick/HD.

Looks like a CX100 is not an option, so I'm trying to decide whether to buy a CX150 (cheaper and lighter, but a little older?), or splurge and go with a CX500 (heavier, more expensive, but better video quality?).

I'm aware of the discussion about image stabilization in the CX500, and it sounds like the problem is manageable...

In your opinion(s) - go with a 150 or a 500?

Thanks!

That helps, thanks.

Since nobody came back with "the 150 is a piece of crap, stay away from it", and you own both and think the quality is fine on the 150... it helps me make the decision.

You're right - why spend more, and have additional size and weight, for no discernable difference in quality?

Thanks, all!

because like EVERY electronics manufacturer, they slot XXXX amount of units to be sold in XXXX timeframe. Sometimes they over or under estimate.
Another example, the HC1 camera was estimated to be a slow sell and the A1 (professional model of the same camera) was estimated to be a fast sell-thru.
The opposite happened. HC1 sold very fast through its bin count and was discontinued very fast. The A1 is still selling.

It's the only way to efficiently schedule production tooling.

Product refresh. They produce a set amount of a model and then move on to a new one. Life in the technology lane. Also, this is the way they can keep a certain price point. CX100 was $499 when it came out so they throw more features into the next model and keep that price point.
Sky Canyon Wingsuiters