crashtested

What stills camera are you using for skydiving

Comparison chart

I know of lots of people jumping the XS, as well as a few jumping the XTi and XSi. You could probably get the XTi a little cheaper, and if I recall, the XSi and XS should be near the same price if you know where to look.

Phreezone just helped me find a camera to buy and I ended up getting a HELL of a deal on it.

Link should be able to find a good deal on there, I sure as hell did!
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

there is a photography and video section further down the general forum. Before you post in that forum, search, search, search, read more, search, then maybe ask.... adding a stills camera is way more than adding video in every aspect. take it seriously ! rebel xt, xti, xs, xsi all are great. canon's compatibility to the remote switches and durability make it optimum for skydiving. good luck
dont let life pass you by

T1i currently with a Canon 10-22mm and like it a lot. Would love a 50D or "gasp" a MarkII but cost and weight had me go with the T1i. Went to that from a XT that I shot for a number of years.

Lots of good cameras for skydiving available.

Scott
"He who Hesitates Shall Inherit the Earth!"

Why the hurry...
Well not so much hurry, but i have just saved $8000 and come to america to get good enough so that i can start filming as a proffesion during the summer months.

$6000 for jumps
$2000 for equipment
(theres a wingsuit in the equipment savings)

As that DZhero / child mentioned my skills are mad, but could do with a bit of currency, and i'm still short of 100 jumps before i "might" be good and at the same time safe enough to start jumping with tandems / students, etc etc.

I've filmed a lot with my cx105 (every jump for the last 200) and know a fair bit about video cameras, lighting angles, blah bla hlah but have only jumped a few times with a stills camers and am a newby with any regard to that..

I need to start some time, so i may as well start now,.. whilst i'm poping out 400 - 500 jumps over the next 3 months.

the rebel 450 - 550 all looked good, but the more help the better.

Hey, since you like to send threatening PM's but don't allow replies I just thought I'd let you know, I'd love to take you up on your offer, but I'm no longer in the neighborhood. Feel free to get froggy any time however....
----------------------------------------------
You're not as good as you think you are. Seriously.

$6000 for jumps

I need to start some time, so i may as well start now,.. whilst i'm poping out 400 - 500 jumps over the next 3 months.

Where the hell are you getting 400-500 jumps for $6000?

Thats only 12-15 a pop...
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

Hey, since you like to send threatening PM's but don't allow replies I just thought I'd let you know, I'd love to take you up on your offer, but I'm no longer in the neighborhood. Feel free to get froggy any time however....

I don't like to make threats to anyone.

However.......

Your such a vindictive little prick its unreal, i don't understand what your motive is to put down every new skydiver on here, you've done loads of jumps, who gives a shit, it may make you a good skydiver, but it has not helped your interpersonal skills, your still that strange little kid you were at school, its funny yet a bit sad.

Its not a threat, its a heads up. You know where we stand don't expect me to put up with a inch of your shit.

Nope. Not everybody. Just you and guys like you who think they know it all, ask advice until they get the answer they like, and generally become the type to lead others down a dangerous path.

Actually, I think it was you who jumped up and asked for it. When someone who has more experience with you shares their opinion, and you loudly proclaim it to be wrong with your limited time and experience to back it up, don't be surprised when I don't agree with you.

Of course the proper thing to do at that point is scream loudly from the other side of the world about how you know everything that is true and good, and someone who is much closer and involved in the situation should be ignored.

Hey, like I said, any time you're feeling froggy.....

From "Sam"

"I'm in California"

If at any point you want to stop being an internet hero / bitch , i'm up in lodi for the next 3 months.
We could have a face to face, and you can continue to be a little bitch and see what happens!!

its a serious offer..

My names Sam come up ask for me by name and step outside.

thats if your not just a little bitch of course.

Mmmmm, K.
----------------------------------------------
You're not as good as you think you are. Seriously.

Nope. Not everybody. Just you and guys like you who think they know it all, ask advice until they get the answer they like, and generally become the type to lead others down a dangerous path.

Well if that's the case you seem to have picked the wrong thread for it. The guy asked which camera.

Is it your intent to e-stalk him on here because of a personal grudge to the point where he can't seek advice without you barging in and swinging your dick? Maybe you should save the bashing for a thread where he's earned it.

I am with Sam on this one.............

He asked about camera choice which is perfectly valid. So you should either back your accusations up or step back and apologise or step up and don the gloves!!

Sam, anything from the 400D onwards would be a good choice :)

Journey not destination.....