Blahr

Another skyhook question

I really like the whole idea of the skyhook RSL.

My harness/container is a Javelin J-7 DOM Sept 91
and I'm poor.
There is no new rig in my immediate future.

Can a skyhook be rigged on any equipment or is it limited to those lucky enough be able to afford a new rig?

I seem to remember Bill saying in an earlier post that the Vector II's would have a retrofit kit available 'soon' but I dunno if that's happened yet.

I'd imagine that other rig manufacturers will catch on eventually, but that may be years from now.

I was lucky enough to get my shiny new V3M complete with Skyhook last weekend! Of course, the riggers looked at it awfully funny for the first few minutes, which did not fill me with confidence. :S
7CP#1 | BTR#2 | Payaso en fuego Rodriguez
"I want hot chicks in my boobies!"- McBeth

I'd imagine that other rig manufacturers will catch on eventually, but that may be years from now.

It's not a matter of if the other Mfgs. catch on, they already all know about the Skyhook. It's just a question of how much RWS is going to sell the rights to use the Skyhook for...or if they'll sell it at all...and what changes they might impose on RSL designs for rigs that want to use the Skyhook system.

Bill's a very generous guy, but he's not giving anything away for free. This is a business after all...

"...and once you had tasted flight, you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward.
For there you have been, and there you long to return..."

Pardon me. I guess I meant that it would take a while for other rig manufacturers to decide they want to license it, and then negotiate the rights with Mr. Booth, etc.

Of course, they all know what it is by now. ;)
7CP#1 | BTR#2 | Payaso en fuego Rodriguez
"I want hot chicks in my boobies!"- McBeth

Also, won't rigs, other than whose made by RWS, have to be re-TSO'd in order to use the Skyhook?

Since it's part of the reseve system, that was my understanding.
Sky, Muff Bro, Rodriguez Bro, and
Bastion of Purity and Innocence!™

It's not a matter of if the other Mfgs. catch on, they already all know about the Skyhook. It's just a question of how much RWS is going to sell the rights to use the Skyhook for...or if they'll sell it at all...and what changes they might impose on RSL designs for rigs that want to use the Skyhook system.

Add to that that each mfgr will want to thoroughly test it on their equipment before starting to sell it. They might want a few years field testing courtesy of jumpers who bought them for their V3's first, in order to keep their prices from rising, eh?

I heard a rumor that Rigging Innovations has shown interest in licensing it for their rigs, though.