keithm

pc laptop for video editing fast?

Rhys, why do you have to be like that? Did a Dingo eat your Hi-8? Relax dude, be glad people share information freely in this forum.

DSE has automated it to make the best quality easy to use for everyone. I think it's pretty simple really.

The software that you have mentioned, that apparently only you have and can't tell us more about or when it will be released is absolutely NO help to anyone now! At least DSE's option is real, and available, that IS helpful now!

DSE, I want to know how to get your Production Assistant and can you please tell us the minimum system requirements to put this together.

btw DSE, thanks for sharing usefull information on this forum, it is greatly appreciated by most of us.

Danger Doug

Put in a card, type in a student's name, click "resume" and then "Process."

I thought that type of conduct was for people that don't care about their quality?

That would be the first step of a 3 step process.
Ingest
Edit
Deliver

In the editing stage, which is predominantly automated, the system automatically puts in dropzone "bugs" or logos, stock content, title cards, a thank you to the student for jumping at our DZ, a customized introduction to the DZ. The only part that isn't automated is the repeat/slow-mo of the exit. We'd like to automate that too, but there are too many variables to ask the system to accurately know where the exit is on every plane across the world.

I think it's great that you've got a friend who is attempting to design a software that delivers stitching for raw cuts. In *my* opinion, that's a gross disservice to people paying for video and does little to help the DZ bring in more students/customers.
YMMV.

Rhys, why do you have to be like that? Did a Dingo eat your Hi-8? Relax dude, be glad people share information freely in this forum.

Be like what?

Please re-read the thread and see where you're mistaking my conduct for DSE's.

He basically told me that the product i am using would not suffice for him, as he is a professional and rquires a higher standard.

Then he goes on the say that his program is as simple as the one I am using. you can;t have both of thise things and that is what my question pertains to.

You can attack me all you like, I am just sharing what is going to be available very soon. DSE makes money from the information he gives you, I make nothing.

Your personal attack does nothing for your integrety.

If I could tell you what the product is called, how much it will be and when it would be available then I would, and I will. You will more likely than not hear about it other than from me.

It will be able to do many more things over time, It will be available this year and it may save some people much time and alot of money if thay hear this inforamtion now, rather than later.

I am fortunate to have access to it during its betateasting and i am in no way affiliated with the producers. DSE has done in the past exacty what I have done in this thread and his intentions as are mine are to give you a heads up on what is goung to be out there soon.
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will see peace." - 'Jimi' Hendrix

[You can attack me all you like, I am just sharing what is going to be available very soon. DSE makes money from the information he gives you, I make nothing.

Actually, I don't. Please re-read. My company sold the software to Sony for distribution a while ago.

I don't believe I said "I'm a professional and require a higher standard" but I do believe people paying for skydiving videos deserve more than raw footage stitched together. That's my opinion. Yours may differ and of course that's OK.

The manual to use the Production Assistant system is literally less than two pages printed in size 18 point type. Lob has them posted on the wall at Elsinore.

It's fully automated. The two people putting together at Elsinore are not skydivers nor video editors. The people editing video at Jumptown are not skydivers nor video editors (one of them is a computer geek tho).
In other words, you need to know very little.
Put in a card, type in a student's name, click "resume" and then "Process.
"

This sounds very similar to the product I am using now, how is this different to what I am using and how does it create a more professional product?

This is very valable information, I am not arguing I am very interested!
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will see peace." - 'Jimi' Hendrix

I don't believe I said "I'm a professional and require a higher standard" but I do believe people paying for skydiving videos deserve more than raw footage stitched together. That's my opinion. Yours may differ and of course that's OK.

It is possible to introduce a professionaly made leader into our system and I assume it is the same with yours. It creates a slow motion presentation of the freefall after the real time full presentation has played, It also creates a menu and includes Photographs and any other features or information you might want to include. It also uploads the video to the web on a hosted website that can be linked to facebook etc.

My personal opinion and obviously not yours is that repeated exits take away from the presentation.

Our system also come with a bunch of legal musc to use.

Is it possible to do all this with your product in a very short period of time?

I'm not bragging, I may well change over to yours if it is going to give a better result!

I think it's great that you've got a friend who is attempting to design a software that delivers stitching for raw cuts. In *my* opinion, that's a gross disservice to people paying for video and does little to help the DZ bring in more students/customers.
YMMV.

So the fades etc are part of the automated process? does every thumbnail crossfade from one to another?

it must be noted that we will have a leader, logos, and other informaton such as web address and photgraphs menus, and footage from the wing of the plane. (I have a very simple solution for that)

Fades etc. are apparently in the pipeline, I am happy with the result now.

Everything can always be better and over time they usually do!

so here is what i went with......1400$.cant wait to get on monday!anyone know what is the best/fastest external dvd writer via firwire? will let you all know how it goes and at what speed, thx for all ur help dudes!

Core i7-820QM QUAD CORE (1.73GHz, 3.06GHz turbo mode, 8M cache)

8 GB Dual Channel DDR3 SDRAM at 1333MHz (2 DIMMs)

500 GB SATA Hard Drive (7200RPM) with Free Fall Sensor

8X DVD+/- RW(DVD/CD read/write) Slot Load Drive

1 GB ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4670

15.6 inch Edge-to-Edge FHD Widescreen WLED LCD (1920x1080)

Genuine Windows 7 Professional 64-Bit Operating System

Dell Wireless 370 Bluetooth Module

Intel WiFi Link 5300 802.11a/g/n Draft Mini Card

Dell WebCam Central

Sound Blaster X-Fi MB Panzer software version 1.2

9 Cell, 85 WHr Lithium Ion Primary Battery

Obsidian Black

and for the editing programs people are making, im happy someone is doing this for skydiving! DSE thx for the info and work you put into this program! Rhys, im sure ur editing program is great too, understand that you cant say too much more untill it's out on the market, cant wait to see the final product. Never know, one MAY be BETTER than the other, but NO ONE will know till its out and tested, So for people trying to compare this to that, NOONE will know till its out! Cant wait to see the products! What if the program that is commin out is better? Then what? Exactly........time will tell!we cant say stuff if we dont have all the facts! Thx for all the help skydudes!

this is what im looking at getting for a laptop, but have to render fast. say like a 20 min call? is this possible with this laptop rendering HD video? or only filmed in SD with an HD camera? Do i need to go to a desktop to get this speed? Any help would be awesome! thx

Genuine Windows® 7 Home Premium, 64bit, English
Intel® Core™ i7-820QM Quad Core Processor 1.73GHz (3.06GHz Turbo Mode, 8MB Cache)
2 Year Basic Service Plan
8GB Shared Dual Channel DDR3 at 1333MHz
Full HD Widescreen 15.6 inch WLED LCD (1920x1080) W/2.0 MP
500GB 7200 RPM SATA Hard Drive
Intel® 5300 WLAN Wireless-N (3x3) Mini Card
8X Slot Load CD/DVD Burner (Dual Layer DVD+/-R Drive)
Obsidian Black High Gloss Finish
My Accessories
Microsoft Works
McAfee SecurityCenter, 15-Months
Dell Online Backup 30GB for 1 year
Also Includes
ATI Mobility RADEON® HD 4670 – 1GB
85 WHr 9-cell Lithium Ion Primary Battery
Soundblaster X-Fi Hi Def Audio - Software Enabled
Studio XPS 16 Notebook

So i got it down to about 10 mins for the editing and 4.5 mins to render and burn a 8 min video SD HQ with a cx100 on memory chip. i do the pictures on the internal 8x burner and have a 24x external dvd burner which my disks are only 16x and still is fast! Can have time to run down and pack if i have the effort and start with the interview, the fluff is already saved on the timeline. on a 15/18 min call....if i dont pack its perfect! Still workin on gettin a bit faster with the editing but the machine is super fast for 1500 on ebay refurbished. dell site is 2400 for the same comp and the mac was around 4000 on the apple site for the same computer components. I do not have anti virus software running either. Hope this helps anyone...

Here's my tandem video edited from the computer in about 10 mins. It was high altitude 21000ft...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FXmZGf6vuUU

Nicely done! I'm not a big fan of long videos, but yours kept my attention nicely. 10 mins of editing for a 10 min video plus 4 mins of render from HD isn't bad at all.

Normally there about 7.5 mins , but this was high alt jump so added a few mins longer, dont really care for a 10 min video either, but i think 4 mins in too short ,,,between 6 & 8 mins is good if you keep it interesting! Thx for the comment dude.

nice one !

BTW. it looked like your velo opened nice and smooth. Is it always like that ?

My limited experience on velo is a bit different..

they are usually good like that, older lines, better openings, about 2500 jumps on it too;) Staying even in the harness and spreading risers evenly, if its going one way, sometimes just roll with it is the best option till the slider pops down.....