bigorangemd

Any advantage to Blue-Ray?

Blu-ray content on a DVD 5 is the same image quality as BD on a BD disc.
The primary advantage to a BD disc is that the disc will be compatible with older systems (usually) and the menus offer a few more options. That's it.

So what is the best thing to do for customers?
A) Burn it as SD
B) Keep it as HD on DVD 5
C) Burn it as HD on Blue-Ray
D) As the customer if they have a Blue-Ray player and go for C/D depending. Tried to figure a lot of this out watching the video editing section you did on Norman Kent's Video but I guess it was made just before the new technology was as common place. Lots of things in it to think about though. Thanks.

What's the best thing to do for customers?
Burn it as what they want. SD DVD is the most common delivery platform.

Unless a customer requests BD, I shoot, edit, deliver SD. If it's for personal use or for something else, I use HD for everything.

We charge a high premium for shooting, editing, delivering HD. It's a demand market. Until the demand is there to incur a lowering of price, we charge quite a bit to deliver BD.

Unless a customer requests BD, I shoot, edit, deliver SD. If it's for personal use or for something else, I use HD for everything.

So what setting are you recording tandem videos on with your CX100?

Gary "Superfletch" Fletcher
D-26145; USPA Coach, IAD/I, AFF/I
Videographer/Photographer

SD highest bitrate is for Tandems, unless they've requested HD output. I'm not using a CX100, FWIW. I have cages built for my CX12 and CX7's, so still using those for most things. I have a matched mount for CX100's, but no cage, so unless I'm playing with 3D, it's all CX12. Someday, I'll get a cage for my CX110's.

SD highest bitrate is for Tandems, unless they've requested HD output. I'm not using a CX100, FWIW. I have cages built for my CX12 and CX7's, so still using those for most things. I have a matched mount for CX100's, but no cage, so unless I'm playing with 3D, it's all CX12. Someday, I'll get a cage for my CX110's.

Ah to have your problems... Hahahahahah I thought I was doing good to have a couple of PC105's and a CX100... Hahahahhaha

Thanks for the input. I've been shooting in HD (standard, 5H I believe) mode. I think the video is incredible. Perhaps I'll check into SD mode and see what the differences are...

Gary "Superfletch" Fletcher
D-26145; USPA Coach, IAD/I, AFF/I
Videographer/Photographer