vleisie

Bill Booth...Top Attached Pullout

I'd like to know your opinion on pullouts with the pud/pin attached to the apex of the pilot chute, using a sliding section.

Why would you do such a thing? When i pull, i want my PC inflate as fast as possible. A throw out with the handle at the bottom of the PC might make more sense if you really like unusual designs.
A wild guess is that it might increase the risk to have the PC fall back in the burble (a very bad thing with a pull out because the container is open). Anyway, it's usually not a good idea to stay too long in freefall with an open container and the PC deflated.
--
Come
Skydive Asia

The main problem with a pull-out with a handle on top, is that the pud-ripcord pin line is quite long and very likely to entangle with the bridle at the base of the pilot chute. All this was worked out years ago guys...often through fatalities. The current systems, designed basically by trial and error (mostly error) are about as safe as you are going to get.

What if you had a pin bridle that wasn't any longer than the radius of the pilot chute with the eyelet at the apex? Packing the bridle under the closing loop before it threads to the bottom flap and nesting the p/c under the midflap.

-Jon