CRESPO24

Rendering on sony vegas platinum 9.0

I need some help here.
I'm trying to make my first project with two kinds of formats , .m2ts (hd videos from my cx7) and .vob.
Every time i'm trying to make the movie the program crashes and sometimes a message appears, saying "an exception has occurred".>:(
I finally managed to make the video with just one kind of format which is .avi and uncompressed but it came out 36gb total size... (the whole project is just 6.30 mintutes)
Can someone help me?

A-no NLE I'm aware of builds video objects (VOB). That is the job of the disc authoring software.

B-it's quite common for some systems to overheat during mpeg rendering, so be sure it's running cool. Be sure anti-virus is disabled. Unless you've got a really good antivirus, I'd recommend you trash it completely and practice safe web behavior (avoid those pony sites).

If you're going to render to any other HD format in Platinum, I'd use MPG4. If you render to uncompressed format in an avi container, it will exponentially grow and render slowly as hell (as you found).
If your end goal is to put it on a DVD, then use the Make Movie and select the NTSC Wide option. It'll create the MPEG and accompanying AC3 file for you. Open Architect, it'll build the VOB files you want.

Currently working on the "year video" for my DZ in Vegas 8.0 Premering it at the season ender party on 28 nov. Trying to make a 50 min video.

Lots of HD footage from Tg3s and CX100s.. Its gonna take ages to render! but it looks good though!

Have you got any tips/tricks/warnigns DSE?

The final goal is to upload it on youtube HD, so i was trying to render it as .wmv or mp4. The .vob files are from the DVD's that made my friend from his minidv camera. Right now i'm uploading a video which is the .wmv version off the huge .avi uncompressed file. I'll see how it looks on youtube and i'll try to work with it again with the antivirus closed. Thanks DSE!