sloow

Anyone tried the Olympus E-P1 as a freefall camera

It's only just out, but this looks like an interesting possibility, as there is a cabled release. The advantages - small size and low weight, interchangeable lenses, with stabilization. If it really works out, get two and use one as HD capture.....
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/629774-REG/Olympus_262814_E_P1_Pen_Digital_Camera.html

I haven't even seen one yet.. any reports would be most interesting!

I have used it's predecessor the GX100 on about 2-300 tandems now. Only problems I have had with it are dust on the sensor - yes dust on the sensor of a compact(?) - and the usb port failed.

I had a 3 year warranty with the camera so had both problems repaired at the same time. It was back in about 3 weeks.

I suspect both issues could have been prevented.

got the gx100 in the post this morning and was a little bit worried because it would only take a few shots before using up the buffer and grinding to a halt - however i've bought a fast sdhc card this afternoon and it shoots off continuously now :)
(now to have a go at adapting the remote release which i didn't realise was going to have a battery in it)

stay away from moving propellers - they bite
blue skies from thai sky adventures
good solid response-provoking keyboarding

i've done two jumps with the ricoh now and they've both come out way overexposed. i've put a little cap on the remote shutter release and on run-in i click it down to set the camera shooting continuously (and put the remote into my jumpsuit so i don't have to have it in my mouth). what seems to happen is the exposure is fixed with the first shot and won't change until you take it off continuous shooting again. am going to try manual settings on the next jump.
stay away from moving propellers - they bite
blue skies from thai sky adventures
good solid response-provoking keyboarding