velocityphoto

HYPEYE D PRO?

I have an external mic sennheiser ex100.
I can't seem to get this thing to pick up the mic. I have read the manual over and over again. It tells you how to set the audio source but not in enough detail. It does not state which color does what. It says when the blue and yellow are lit that is the audio mode . But which one is external or internal. And how do i know it's set?

A friend will bail you out of jail , a REAL friend will be sitting next to you in the cell slapping your hand saying "DUDE THAT WAS AWSUM " ................

The input into the debrief port needs to be line-level. This works great for an ipod going into the HDP but requires a pre-amplifier for it to source a mic. Put it this way, if you can plug it into your stereo's RCA jacks and hear your voice you got it right. Sample preamplifier circuits can be found at someplace like:
preamp mic circuits There are not too many off the shelf, cheap and small options.

Inputing a Mic is doable but I don't promote it all that much since it tends not to be too practical for skydiving applications. It's hella-cool though if you just want to cut out all the noise from a jump and just have music from your ipod already mixed.
HYPOXIC