rndyroth

Edit in imovie 09 or Vegas Pro Vasst w/Templates

Thanks for all of the info folks...

So, i guess my next decision point then is should I use a laptop that I have today that meets the minimum specs for Vegas Pro 8 or put Windows on my (much faster) Mac and dual boot?

I'm probably not going to go out and purchase another new laptop just for this unless its as a last resort. But tell me if I'm really at my last resort...

Vegas Pro will run on any laptop made in the last say....2-3 years. If it'll run XP or Vista, it'll run Vegas.

I was told at PIA, there was a demo of a non-linear tandem video production from flash card to DVD in 2 minutes. The people that saw it and told me about it were not quite that technical. I was just wondering, what happened in that 2 minutes? AVCHD to MPEG-2 render times is at least 3 minutes for a 10 min Vid. Was this on a 64bit Dual Quad hemi with 10 GB, or a few well placed magic words ... Anyone know?

The demo was of a complete edit, not render to MPEG 2 for DVD, as that component will vary with machines.
The demo was timed from the second the card was removed from the camera to the time a finished project was ready for render. Render speeds can be as fast or slow as your system allows. We go a lot faster than 3 mins. We can turn out a completed DVD with custom menus, titles, names, etc in less than 10 mins on the average machine.