flr169

Vegas Movie Studio Platinum

I got a quesiton... or rather a problem...

Just started playing with the software and started watching the 2 dvd tuturial from Vasst ( with DSE as the host )

Everything was working fine until I started things over a few times and now I cant view in the preview screen... ( it plays the sound but thats all...

thanks for any info / direction

MIke
Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting - "fcuk me what a ride!"

you may have turned off the video preview. I don't have Studio on this laptop, but I believe it's ALT+4 to turn it back on.
You can also hold CTRL+SHIFT when starting Vegas; this will reset everything back to factory.
HTH?

Well that took care of it on start up...which is good..

Now I started to edit a small snowmobile clip and after practicing the editing on the time line I once again lost the preview in the window...
I have no ideal what or how it happened....

I was trying to perform the S key trim/edit and when I went to hit the space bar to preview.....all i got was a black screen again....

But all in all, I can't wait to totally understand and learn how everything works...really cool program..

Mike
Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting - "fcuk me what a ride!"

"S" doesn't trim, it merely splits. Whereever the cursor is, that's what you'll see in the preview window. If you've split/deleted, and there is no frame beneath the cursor, all you'll see is black.
Also, learn to use the J/K/L keys to shuttle around. it'll help. Holding "L" will cause the timeline/playhead to play as though you'd hit the spacebar.

HTH

I sure wish I could figure out what the hell i'm doing to mess things up....
I had this little movie edited about 5 different times now....
I went to try out the video FX stuff and the next thing I know everything in the time line is red and again the preview screen is black.....
I try the edit, / undo but that's not working to undo whatever I did....

jeesh.............I guess that's one way to get practice re-editing a clip lots of times...

EDIT to add

well the time line is still red and preview screen is black....I tried to figure it out but no luck....a small section of video does show on the preview screen but its all strobe light kinda looking....

Hello there!
I have the sony vegas 9 and the sony cx105...
I did 6 tandems this weekend and I wanted to make the dvds...
Why I can't import the mts files in to the "time line"
of the vegas???
All the tandems are in HD FH quality....
Thanks..

Well ....yes..I thing..:-)
It is not a trial version for sure..
I did a format on my pc (because of another problems) and I will try again later today..
What information do you need?
I did "copy -paste" the files from my camera to my desktop and I was tried to "drag-drop" them in to the time line.
The meesage was "unsupported format" ? or something like that...:-((

Well ....yes..I thing..:-)
It is not a trial version for sure..
I did a format on my pc (because of another problems) and I will try again later today..
What information do you need?
I did "copy -paste" the files from my camera to my desktop and I was tried to "drag-drop" them in to the time line.
The meesage was "unsupported format" ? or something like that...:-((

First, import the files into Vegas, then drag them from Vegas onto the timeline. If you're trying to drag from your desktop to the timeline, that may be your problem.

First, import the files into Vegas, then drag them from Vegas onto the timeline. If you're trying to drag from your desktop to the timeline, that may be your problem.

It makes no difference where the files reside. Whether they're on a desktop, on a card, or on a DVD, the files will go onto the timeline.
The hint is in the error message "unsupported format" which signals a problem with the decoder.

Good morning!
I don't know the different from "cracked" to "pirate" ,but now it works.
I was tried another copy.
The other "problem" is,when I am ready to make it DVD ("make movie" option right?) The prg need the architect dvd prg to continue....
I downloaded the trial version and make one to test it.
After 20" the sound was muted,but I thing this happened because of the trial version.
Do you have another way to burn the dvd?
Thanks..

Do you have another way to burn the dvd?

There are a variety of programs available to burn DVDs... render the video as an MPEG-2 and you can burn it using any number of software such as Nero, Adobe Encore, and I think even windows movie maker allows you to burn them.

having said that when I purchased Sony vegas movie studio Pt 9... I seem to remember it included DVD architect studio... which is quite a functional program.
Livin' on the Edge... sleeping with my rigger's wife...

The trial (and purchase version) of Vegas Movie Studio Platinum both come with DVD Architect.
You must have Architect installed, as it is what licenses the MPEG decoder.
"Cracked" and "Pirate" are the same thing, just different words.
If you have a purchased/legal version, DVD Architect is in the box or download as part of the package.

The trial (and purchase version) of Vegas Movie Studio Platinum both come with DVD Architect.
You must have Architect installed, as it is what licenses the MPEG decoder.

That explains a lot... I think now I might understand something that was said to me over the weekend...

Scott
Livin' on the Edge... sleeping with my rigger's wife...