dan43

what camera to start with?

Hello Dan, welcome to the forum.
Still or video? If you're just starting out, video is where you'll likely want to begin. Read the STICKY at the top of this forum, it'll provide a lot of answers.

Also, please fill out your profile? It helps everyone get to know you better and help you find the best answers possible to your questions.

>So i'm after something easy to use and not too expensive to start with.

Get on Ebay and get the cheapest Sony tape-based mini-DV based camera you can find. The PC9 is a good one. Then get a .5ish lens for it. Use it, beat it up, and when you're ready for another one you won't be out too much money and you'll know what you want for your next one.

Here's 2 setups ready to go.

http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/classifieds/detail_page.cgi?ID=75060;d=1

http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/classifieds/detail_page.cgi?ID=75065;d=1

A friend will bail you out of jail , a REAL friend will be sitting next to you in the cell slapping your hand saying "DUDE THAT WAS AWSUM " ................

I might also add you won't pickup a camera setup any cheaper than those i sent you. I don't think you'll find anything so cheap or ready to go. Personally i'd buy the bonehead with the pc9 . Nice little setup for your 1st camera or just plain ol fun jumping.

A friend will bail you out of jail , a REAL friend will be sitting next to you in the cell slapping your hand saying "DUDE THAT WAS AWSUM " ................