skychic68

FF3 and Tandem

Is anyone using their FF3 as a work horse for tandems and AFF? Looks like a really sweet helmet I would like to buy. Are there issues with sighting between the video and still? I fly on my back so I think the target will be ok, but I am thrifty these days and wana make considerations before I spend big money.

I currently fly an Optik top mount video with stills in front. The weight of a digi camera in front is guna wear me out, so I am opting for side mounting a smaller camera. I can side mount on the Optik, but if I opt for an HC camera (which is longer than a PC) I worry about the lip on the side of the Optik (riser strike) getting in the way of mounting the box.

Do you like the fit of the helmet? Is it comfy? Can you think of any issues about the helmet i need to consider before leaping into the purchase?

Thanks
Que sera sera

I have been using my FFX with HC40 and digital Rebel (top mounted) for tandem, 4way and freefly work for 3+ years with great results! Just have someone help with stills/video alignment while wearing the rig and you should have no problems! 2K helmets ROCK!;)

"You made my panties wet!" Skymama (Fitz 09)
"Never argue with an idiot. They will bring you down to their level and beat you with experience."

hey, i have a ff3 with a rebel xti on top, pc105 on the side, blow switch mounted inside the helmet, and i could not be happier! i film tandems, and teams with several hundred jumps on it and have nothing but good to say about this helmet! it fits NICE, and one good thing is the box will fit a lot of different cameras, not just the one. i ordered mine with the pc105, but i have also put a pc9, cx12, hc96, and a few others i cant remember the number of in there. i would say buy one!

chris