freeflydemon

Sanyo Xacti 1010 w/ 0,3x royal lens focus problem

Hi guys, I have a new Sanyo Xacto 1010 HD (1920x1080) with a 0,3x Royal lens.

The camcorder shot amazing quality images and videos, but I'm having problems to focus my wide angle lens. I set the FOCUS on "Super Macro" mode, for now...

FOCUS options:
-TOTAL RANGE (doesnt work)

-STANDARD (doesnt work)

-MANUAL: it doesn't focus perfectly on any of the ranges in cms scales, but it seems to almost work in the 5 cms mode (1,2,5,10,15,20,30,50,70,100,120,150,200,250,300,400,500,600,800,2000,4000...)

-SUPERMACRO: is the only mode that i have a clear image, but sometimes it get focus (automatically) in the middle of a jump...

I have friends who has the same sanyo 1010, but with other wide angle lenses and works great.

Anyone knows someone who has this camcorder and a royal 0,3x from royal??

Please any help...

Thnks

Doesn't Sanyo have their own wide angle lenses for that particular Xacti camcorder? Wouldn't be better to use them?
I'm very interested in that camera myself, so any opinion are very welcome.
regards
Janusz
Edit:
sorry for not being very helpful...
Back to Poland... back home.

Which lens is your friend using? I have the Xacti HD1010 as well and just made my own mount. I was about to buy a Royal, until I read that a true 'HD' lens would be better.

The Raynox HD3032 looks like it is the lead contender at the moment.

@Janusz - Yeah Sanyo make their own wide angle and fish eye lens for the Xacti's so these could be the way to go, but there are little details of them and they seem to be hard to get hold of, most of the web sites have them out of stock.

Would also welcome any details (and example videos) from anyone else jumping this camera.