flr169

EF 75-300 ultrasonic USM lens

I have a question for the more noligable camera people...

I'm looking at a used EF 75-300 ultrasonic USM lens.

I found a chart...

http://www.usa.canon.com/app/pdf/lens/Lens_Extender_chart_new.pdf

cant get the clicky to work...

would like to know what the difference between the EF 75-300 ultrasonic III USM lens is besides the lenght and weight....

thanks
Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting - "fcuk me what a ride!"

Number of Elements and groups. Basically the II lens has more lens parts to better control diffraction and to control the colors better. Auto Focus might be faster also but I'm not sure of that one.

Unless you need the upper range and the price is really good on that lens you might be better to look at a used 70-200L f4. Better color and sharpness and constant speeds through out the lens. Neither of the lenses have IS so you'll probally end up selling either of them later to get something with IS on it if you are going to use the 200+ range anyways.
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

Hey Phree...

THat lens is being sold by someone local for 200 cdn and comes with a filter and lens hood....

Thought it might be a good enough lens for me and girlfriend to learn with....
I just purchased an XSI earlier this summer. .girlfriend always complains that we need more zoom....

I just did a bit of reading on that lens u suggested..
sounds nice...
any idea where to find a used one at a reasonable price..

Mike
Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting - "fcuk me what a ride!"