sinjin

Night Jump Photos

Here are a few night jump shots i took.

http://pablo.smugmug.com/gallery/6023742_DuJ7m#376942691_cFoou

The settings were full manual, 200, F5.6, iso 100 on rebel xt with a 15mm sigma... the flash a 580 II with m 1/1..

and yes the subject freely chose to take the flash blast and several warnings he may not see at all afterwards...B|

thanks tony h. as i continue to use info from your class
dont let life pass you by

Nice!

Few things popped my mind..

How cool would it be to have a bounce box on the master flash + some other guy flying a slave flash from let say 90 degree angle from the side.. (maby a bit below) B|

This way the light would be much softer and wouldnt be so "hard" as it is here. Might create a really cool effect..

Also maby white jump suit might work better than black..

Anyways really Cool and unique photos . Something I have to try sometimes also..

I guess you were shooting manual focus right ?

great point, right when we got down i said we should have put you in the banana yellow tandem jump suit. side 90 flash with a slave would be great and alot better on the subjects night vision too... dammit i need more toys, where are the sponsors.. more $$$$ please.. i did use manual focus. also i did not do any post editing other than a crop and i shot jpeg where i should have shot raw....
dont let life pass you by

Use a Pocketwizard for the slave flash since you are not shooting TTL ;)

I've wanted to do remote radio strobes on sunset jumps even. The cheaper Catus triggers might work but I wouldn't trust them since I've had spotty fires on them over 100 feet.

Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com