beatcreation

Sony CX7 Final Verdict

All, I need to know what the final verdict was on the CX7. I have done the searches and I have read all posted forums on the camera here at dropzone and I still don't feel like I have a clear cut answer on the reliability of the CX7 for sit fly and head down. I have found the camera at a major retailer for $600 and I could probably talk them down 20-40 or so which I feel is a ridiculous deal (camera discontinued). So I need to know if I will be very unhappy with the camera. I actually wont be using this camera until late this season or next season due to my current low jump numbers but this deal is rather sweet. I also based off of some ebay research feel that I will not find a similar type of deal on an equivalent camera at this price in a year when I will start camera jumping. Am I being completely ridiculous buying this camera now for primary use (skydiving) coming in a yearish (will use other wise until then)?

IMHO, yes you are being silly. Now if you want to use it for other stuff than skydiving (sorority house pillow fight vids, drunken dropzone atticts, ...) go right ahead but with that mindset you might as well wait until the cx12 becomes obsolete before next season. I would use that money on tunnel time, but I'm an addict and realizing how much its helping out my flying.

Chuck Blue says he has no problem w/ the cx7 mounted on the side. Any guy that can hang with me all night in Reno is someone's opinion I trust.

So the CX7 top mounted towards a side: HD your fine, belly your mostly fine, solid sit head back fine, sit with your chin forward looking down (bad position) and it will shake like a mother. Of course all of this depends on how and where you have it mounted.

Synopsis, place the camera in a burble and it will look not so good. Keep it out and it will look pro....

Oh and stop lying to yourself, we all been there before, if you buy this camera you are going to want to mount it on your helmet. It's the way skydivers are.... Wait to next season, you'll get more out of it.
HYPOXIC