Chris_K

Digital Still Camera is acting up

Does anyone know what would cause a camera to randomly take pictures?

I have a canon 10D that I use and its currently only taking about 80 percent of the pictures it should. I press the tongue switch, the camera goes throught the whole action of taking the picture, including the red light flash as its being processed on the CF Card.

When i go to check the pictures, i'll be missing a few, not a block such as the interview portion or the free fall portion, but rather some of each. It will not have processed a few on the ground, a few in the plane, a few in FF, and a few of the landings.

Any ideas?
Downsizing is not the way to prove your manhood.

That is a good thing to look at. If you are looking at the memory card and see files in this order: IMG_1001, IMG_1002, IMG_1005 and are missing the center pictures you can also look at trying another memory card. I have seen bad spots develop in flash memory and it corrupts the content as it tries to write to the drive. The Camera wrote data but it is just corrupted as the card stored it and the photo is usually junk so it does not display it during playback.

Try another memory card, also make sure the 10D is on the latest firmware version that Canon offered.
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com