sbhesq

Lost CX7 Installation Software

I bought a CX7 a while ago and have since moved. I cannot find the original software which came with the camera and, of course, Sony wants to charge me for a new installation disc. Any chance anyone out there has one I could borrow to install on my new computer. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Steve

The drive on the camera/card on the camera will show up as aUSB drive on your PC-based system. Using Windows Explorer, simply copy/paste the files to whatever HDD location you'd like them to be stored.
In other words, whether it's a card reader with the MSPD stick in it, or the camera with the MSPD stick in it, the computer sees it as a storage device.

I am sure this is a dumb question for you but ....
The computer does not recognize the file type. When I open the files later in a hd friendly program will they be recognized? Right now I have basic Vegas and am going to upgrade and thus don't have anything that will recognize hd video.

Basic" Vegas (Vegas Movie Studio) won't see any HD files, but Vegas Movie Studio Platinum will. you need the HD component. Yes, it will recognize them. Whether the extension is .m2ts or .mts, VMSP will read em' correctly.

Just for quick viewing, latest nightly builds of VLC player and MPlayer recognize MTS and M2TS files and play them.
Mencoder can recompress them to a more edible MP4 or whatever easily too ( i tried faster remuxing as well, but this wont help with older players as they dont have all the H264 codec extensions supported like interlaced coding )