PhreeZone

Spring camera cleaning

I know that with the spring season starting lots of people including me are getting theri gear in shape. I just learned something that I figured I'd pass on to the community. For the wet sensor cleanings most times Eclipse solution is what is recommended but for the newer Canon XTi (400D) there is a new solution out that works better on it. ITs Called E2 and its by the same people that make Eclipse. I was in my camera store and I guess the new glass cover in the Xti can film up with the original Eclipse solution and the new stuff is designed for the newer glass. Look up on their web site for the list of sensors before buying the solution, I about bought the wrong stuff (its the same price).
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

That was my plan a few years back. I recommend it only for a season or two, after that its just too big of a pain. :P I did the same thing with canopies, jump them until they were looking like they needed a reline then upgrade and have someone else reline them.

The other note the camera shop passed to me is that the Visable Dust Artic Butterflies are about the best dry method they have seen yet and are getting as good of results as most wet cleanings anymore. Thats on my list of things to buy once I do a few tandem videos to pay for it.

Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com