Iceburner

some advice

now i'm sure i'll get the typical "use the search button" response that i've posted as well before, but i'll let you all know i've read a lot of the threads, most of them 4-5 months old.

anyways, i'm looking into getting a high def camera to replace my pc109. I've read good things on the hc 3 and the hc 5. Any other models out there that people use, or are these the best 2 options

If you want high-def, new you can buy the hc5, forget the hc7, word is not out on the brand-new hc9 yet, may have the same problem as the hc7. 2nd hand you can go for a hc1, hc3 or a1.

For non-tape-based cameras you can buy the cx6/cx7 but this requires a state of the art computer (not a laptop, not a mac) to edit in high-def format, also there are only a few software solutions for editing this format. For tandem video using the vhs connection it's a great camera, however no firewire so no copying footage to/from another camera and also no lanc (although alternative solutions are in the works).

ciel bleu,
Saskia