Zeemax

best place online? and reserve stuff?

hey all...

i'm looking to buy a rig, Javelin oddesy, sabre 2 main, cypres etc....

Wheres the cheapest place to buy it? so far Rigs and things looks best.

Also reserves.... who makes a good one? i noticed a lot of people have smaler reserves than mains. if i'm buying a 150 main, what size reserve should i get??

thanks all
Phoenix Fly - High performance wingsuits for skydiving and BASE
Performance Designs - Simply brilliant canopies

Generally your reserve will be lower performance than your main, so don't get a reserve smaller than your main. <-- short answer.

short but good.
Rember that if you find your self in a reserve your already in a stress sit. you dont want more trouble..

Stay safe
Stefan Faber

Wheres the cheapest place to buy it?

Wal Mart. If you're that worried about price, why buy one of the most expensive containers on the market?

Infinity or Wings with hip rings - around $1000
Pilot main (similar to Sabre2) - around $1100
Smart reserve - around $650

Add a Cypres2 and you're still under US$4k.

As an aside, have you looked at how much it's going to cost you to get this gear to the UK? Why not support a gear dealer on your own side of the pond?

If your going to buy US gear its best to make the trip over and pick it up since the VAT will nail you.

Cheapest dealers are not always the best. Look at some reviews, how easy is it to return items if they are wrong things like that. I have and will pay more for items from dealers I know will be there for support in a year if I need it over out of the trunk of their car dealers.
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

Get in touch with Jon/Phil Curtiss at Langar. Theyll do you a good deal. Alternitavely, if you buy from the US, try get someone coming over to the UK to carry it for you..saves a fortune in customs and excise duties..

I am coming home (Leicester) in late sept for a week, if that's any good for ya..courier wise.

Personally, I would support a UK dealer..

~S Beej

----------------------------------------------------
If the shit fits - wear it (blues brothers)--

LOL ! i'm all for supporting UK dealers, but the dollar is doing funny stuff at the moment meaning i can get a really good deal :)
The plan was to go over to the states to pick it up, as some have pointed out, stupid VAT... grrrr...

Actually, the VAT is not all youd have to pay...ends up being around 25-30% with excise duties.

I once brought back a couple of rigs for madeleine i think her name was..at Hinton. They semt so pleased at the 'amount' they had saved...they even arranged lifts for me from heathrow to Liecester as a thankyou. :ph34r:

Another option would be to get a SF Teardrop thru Curtiss rigging (waaay cheaper than a Javelin Od' even at the current rates), then get your main from the US..

----------------------------------------------------
If the shit fits - wear it (blues brothers)--

the dollar is doing funny stuff at the moment meaning i can get a really good deal

Ahhhh.... yeah, that funny stuff the dollar is doing is messin' with Cypres2 prices too. You might want to check into prices on those at home before you buy from here; may be able to get it cheaper there.

The plan was to go over to the states to pick it up, as some have pointed out, stupid VAT... grrrr...

Oh damn. Not another trip to Florida! :D

i know... i really dont want to. Florida sucks.. its so sunny and warm with such beautiful veiws from altitude.

oh wait.... LOL

just spoke to rigs and things.. apparently sun path have had a massive military order so sports rigs have a 5 month wait on them.!! eeeeeeekkkkk why do the military need all these rigs all of a sudden??