CRESPO24

Sony HDR-CX6EK

European Sony consumer site has nice feature-wise comparison of all the current models they make, but it only lists CX6EK. North america has only CX7 listed. Comparing these webpages side-by side they indeed seem almost identical.

I'm planning on getting the CX6 as well.

You might find it a little wide. Take your helmet to the store and see if it looks to fit. I think it'll be wide. Removing the handle strap will reduce width, but not by much.
Great little camera, however.

Probably the best choice with just an 'L' bracket to mount it on top. For comparison purposes, and to allow others to make their own decision, here are some pics of the CX7 vs. a PC120bt (which seems like the widest PC form factor)

I have a side mount bonehead "D-box" case for the PC120bt with the following internal dimensions (bonehead's website: A: 3.65" B: 4.75" C: 3" D: 1.75")

-Trunk
HYPOXIC

Cookie Composites has a box ready for that camera for their MXV helmet.
Im torn between ordering a Tonfly Fuego Converter Pro and figuring out my own camera box, or ordering a Cookie MXV along with their camera box and other bits.
I had the opportunity to try Tonfly on and liked their Converter system, but Cookie Flatlock seems to be similar in functionality so im not sure now.

Anyone seen other camera boxes for CX7/CX6EK yet ?

replying to myself: just got an e-mail response from Tonfly, they say:
"we have not any cover available with the camcorder you mentioned."

They recommended either making my own mount or just getting an L-bracket from them.
I could do that, but still would prefer to have camera covered.

My experience with Tonfly is that you have to take statements from them with a pinch of salt.
They said that my HC5 should fit into the HC3 box without any need for modification. Yeah right.. I spent 8 hrs cutting it and insert foam spacers in order to make the HC5 fit into the box. If you know what you need then Tonfly is an excellent company to buy from, first class helmets no doubt about that!
When it comes to boxes, I will buy from Cookie in the future.
“The sum of intelligence on the planet is a constant; the population is growing.” - George Bernard Shaw
He who dies with the most toys, wins.....
dudeist skydiver # 19515
Buy quality and cry once!

A friend of mine has held a tonfly cx6 box in his hand this Christmas at Empuria.

I was there too, trying the helmets on, and thats where i got a tip about CX6/7 in the first place, but didnt see any Tonfly camera boxen there. Just helmets. And now they wrote in the email that they dont have a box for it.
I think i'll go with Cookie in the end. Any opinion on the quick mounts on Cookie vs Tonfly ?