Iceburner

is it possible

to take a windows movie maker project and have it work in Adobe Premiere pro without having the quality loss of windows movie maker...reason i ask is i'm helping a friend with a video he's makin, and i use adobe, he used windows movie maker for the orriginal, and i'm trying not to haveta do double the work....any pm's would be apprieciated.

Not from my experience. I think that the quality loss is in the capture phase from the original DV, rather than in the processing.

I have used MM to process footage captured using pinnacle (long story as to why!) and the quality was much higher than a project completely done in MM from the same camera.

I am in the same boat with an old training vid which I did a couple of years ago in MM and now want to include on a DVD with everything else done in premiere, but short of re-capturing there is no way I am aware of to 'up' the quality. [:/]

Not one shred of evidence supports the theory that life is serious - look at the platypus.

Or just do 'any' export, and use the resulting video as a guide on which you rebuild the edit with the orginal footage in premiere.

That's what I would do.
Premier don't support a Movie Maker project whith transitions, titles, etc, etc

Cielos Azules