macca_33

Cx7: Problems with focus! Help!

I jumped my cx7 for the first time on the weekend and haven't been able to get it to focus properly, i'm using a cookie .45 lense.
Also playing back footage some of the clips shows a fluttering effect on the tv, anyone know why this is happening and what I should set the focus on?
Cheers!

Being my first camera jump I was unaware that any settings needed to be changed, I only realised the focus needed to be adjusted when I watched the footage.
After that I spoke to an experienced camera flyer who uses a similar hd sony camera, mini dv, he said I should put it on manual focus on the infinity setting, tried this but still had fuzzy footage:(
What setting manual focus do you use on your cx7?
Cheers for the input!

Always use manual focus.
Set it to where it is in focus as you look through the lens at something that is approx 10' away from you. It'll be nearer to the close and not infinity setting with the Cookie lens.

Steadishot is difficult to access; go into the Movie settings and you'll find it. Disable it. While you're there, turn on XV color. You might also want to push the color sat up one value. Set cam to HQ mode.

RTFM.

Friend of mine had some problems with flutter in the image (not digital artifacts, just image shaking) and we finaly discovered it was the loose end of fabric of the clip holding on the camera.
It was flapping in freefall, and in certain positions (mostly head-up) it ended up flapping and and hitting the side of the lens.

Check if there is anything loose on the camera, or camera-condom that can flap and hit your camera or lens. As that could be a source of image flutter as well..
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?