monarch1

Best lens for Handcam?

Just had a look at the specs for the HC90 and I couldn't find any mention of a LANC port for remotely controlling the camera with a cameye. IMO the cameye makes the use of the handcam far less problematic.
On the lens issue, I use the .25 Blackeye lens from Waycool and think it's great. My mate was using a .3 lens - since changed to a .25 - and the difference in video was huge, so what ever manufacturer you go for think wider is better.
2 wrongs don't make a right - but 3 lefts do.

thats why I also use a cookie glove. Mine has a clear piece in front of the red light on my camera. So no need for a cameye.

I can see the red light on my set up too, but I find that using a cameye is superior as I then have one handed control of the camera, but thats another issue. The wider the angle the better.

Rover, The HC90 does have a LANC port. I can see how one hand is better then two. And so on the lens, Wider is better (tell my girl friend that),lol. I was looking at the Waycool Handcam, and the redeye and or blackeye. It seems that the .25 is the way to go. thanks for helping out. TJ

Go for the Blackeye but bear in mind that there are two versions of the Blackeye depending on the camera you are using. Check with Waycool if thats the route you are going to take. There service was really good when I dealt with them and my glove still rocks after a 1000 jumps.