rhys

Looks like I'm buying a DCR-HC96E any comments on this camera

After trying and trying to get another PC-350 or similar, i gave up and decided thet the best solution at this stage for me is the HC-96.

It is wider than i would like but it is not too expensive.

It has a lanc port and a 3MP CCD.

other than this I don't know much else about them but have had a couple of good reports from someone who knows someone who has one.......?

Do anyone out there have experience with this camera?

If so I would appreciate any comments on how it has been going, negative or positive.

Thanks,

Rhys
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will see peace." - 'Jimi' Hendrix

I didn't think it is 'too' wide for side mounting, I know of several people that side mount them.

It is only 9mm wider than my PC350.

I would like it to be narrower but there doesn't seem to be much choice these days.

I will be side mounting it and using it for hand cam.

The docking station I am used to also.

I have heard the HC range have been more sensitive than the PC's as far as dorty heads and so on.

Thanks for the input none the less,

anyone else?
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will see peace." - 'Jimi' Hendrix

I have the HC96 and love it. Again, the only downfall is that it does not have the firewire directly on the camera which means you need the docking station to transfer to another camera or pc. The width is not a problem. I have it sidemounted in a 2K Composites FF2 and it is great!
2K Composites Dealer
TonySuits Dealer
Larsen & Brusgaard Dealer
CSPA C, Coach 1, Rigger A, Instructor A, Tandem Videographer / Photographer, EJR

I have an HC96. The focus resets to automatic after 12 hours and there is no external button to switch it without messing around in the menu. GRRR!

I have noticed this too but is part of my routine now so no worries.

I have been using it for handcam and found it is MUCH wider than anyone elses camera and gives great results including shots of the customers entire body with the background included. ( I still prefer outside footage though:))

I'm using a waycool. and a black eye. I am thinking about getting one of these new .2's but i will wait to see if it works on my camera first.