skyboyblue

adobe elements - not detecting dvd recorder

If you are using the trial version, the dvd burning feature is disabled. If you are using the full version, there is no setting or preference command for telling elements to recognize a burner...it is just supposed to be automatic. I don't have access to this older software but if it has a recording device dropdown menu in the dvd burning dialogue window, check to see if your burner is listed. If not, i would suggest to update and/or reinstal the dvd burner's driver and then reinstalling elements. If it is listed, I would have to suspect that you're using a trial version or perhaps bad software. You also need to have a dvd in the burner and make sure the computer is recognizing the dvd. I hope this helps....if not i can give you my number and discuss more in depth options. we'll get it to work or atleast figure out the problem.

Best Regards,

Corey

Also, if your video is around 75 -100 minutes, premiere won't allow you to burn because it would create a file that is too large to fit on a dvd. If this is the case you need to set the bitrate to a lower quality setting like 5mb 1 pass cbr.