dmcoco84

Audio from Video

I haven't done anything with my computer yet. I have a 4 pin to 6 pin cable for tansfer off my camera to my computer.

I pluged the 6 pin into the back of the DVR, then pluged it into the docking station with my camera in it. When I do so the little icon for Fire wire D link or I link I forget pops up and says its conencted but I don't see a picture from what is being outputed on the tv screen.

The port for fire wire on my comp is the exact same on the dvr, so both 6 pin. If I go buy a 6 pin to 6 pin and conenct my pc to the dvr via that cable connection, will it allow me to transfer files off the dvr?

Coco

I don't know. You still haven't told me anything about brand/model of DVR, and haven't told me much about computer card.
It also might be that your DVR has restrictions on passing data, hence the reason I asked for brand/model.

I don't know. You still haven't told me anything about brand/model of DVR, and haven't told me much about computer card.
It also might be that your DVR has restrictions on passing data, hence the reason I asked for brand/model.

From above:

I have this DVR- Dualtuner http://broadband.motorola.com/dvr/dct6208.asp - DCT6208

Coco

A quick read of your owners manual will inform you that you cannot transfer copyprotected works to a computer or HDD system if you're using a 6208 or 6412 DVR systems.
Originally, I took your DVR meaning as a deck, my apologies. We use DSR25 and M25 DVR units, but these are decks, not air-programming recorders.

the short answer is, if your programming is copyrighted (as it is if it's coming over the airwaves or cable in many instances) you're not going to easily transfer it. I'd check ou the AVS forums, there is a lot of hacker info there if that's what you need to do.