Iceburner

New mount for PC109

Here's my almost finished mount for my pc109...juts need some gaffers tape to fill in a couple snag points....any comments/suggestions welcome, as i made pretty much everything myself

Edit to add: On the bottom is the camera screw which helps mount it, the velcro strap is a backup incase something fails. Box is made of fiberglass and has foam inserts to keep camera from scratching. Helmet is a bonehead optick, has a cutaway system, and i will be getting a new lense for the camera as well.

I already have a piece made out for covering the rest of the front/lense...which will be epoxied and screwed into the fiberglass...i just wanted to make sure i got the lense before doing it, as i'm going to fit it snug to the lense...if that makes sense...[:/]

Looks pretty wide to me ,which means you'll be snagging on your risers a lot during deployment and after opening while flying your canopy.Let us know how it does.

A friend will bail you out of jail , a REAL friend will be sitting next to you in the cell slapping your hand saying "DUDE THAT WAS AWSUM " ................

Open cell foam can/will absorb moisture. Closed cell foam, or thinner rubber sheet or similar product would to the job, not absorb moisture and hold it next to the camera and all the whole thing to be thinner.

I also question whether gaffers tape will be enough for that back upper corner snag point and maybe some of the others.
I'm old for my age.
Terry Urban
D-8631
FAA DPRE

thanks for the moisture point...never thought of that as the ones i've made before have been closed...

as for the snag points, i found out where to get some foam fillers and that should work better than the gaffers tape i had orriganlly planned on.... Edit to add: the foam filler is kind of like the spray on gap fillers, that foam up then get hard...dont know really how to explain it better

thanks again for the comments, and pointers i've gotten...this is one of the first sidemounts i've made...the rest were all top mounts.:o