LukeH

Sigma DP1 - First Real Digital Compact option?

Looks interesting.

14 Megapixel
16.6mm f/4 lens with APS-C size sensor. (equiv. to 28mm on 35mm frame)

It has compact dimensions of 113.3mm / 4.5in. (W) × 59.5mm / 2.34in. (H) × 50.3mm / 2.0in. (D) and lightweight of 240g/8.5ounces. Its compact body and lightweight design makes it easy to carry everywhere.

No word on frame rate, not sure if there is a remote trigger option but would guess so.

http://www.dpreview.com/news/0703/07030807sigmadp1.asp

Edit to add: http://www.sigma-dp1.com/

Why do you assume a remote option? That is one of the big problems with the compacts. AFAIK none has had a workable remote so far! The problem is not the amount megapixels etc but a way to take a damn pic. not even all DSLR's have wired remotes...
Also, they need to remember the settings, i know someone who had trouble with canon (i think) camera's reverting back to it's default non-skydiving-suitable settings each time they were turned on.

ciel bleu,
Saskia

I know what the probles are...

This isn't just another compact camera like the canon A series etc. It's supposed to be the first "Full Spec" compact camera.

There is a large rubber flap covering ports on the side of the camera, so i hope/guess there is a remote port under there.

BTW I jump a 350D with a Canon 10-22mm.

there doesn't appear to be a sensor for an IR remote. so i assumed that there would be a wired remote. it'll be a pity if there isn't.

no way to know about the settings being retained yet.

no point in arguing over speculation!