avenfoto

d200/ mc-30 conversion

any nikon shooters out there who have modified the mc-30 10pin cable ?

i removed a bit of the sheath to see whats what inside, there was a layer of paper(?) then a braided exposed copper section around the inner cables..

didnt go any farther, and didnt cut the cable..

i know that the nikon releases have a "half-press" feature where the shutter release (even the remote one) is depressed halfway the af kicks in...press further and the shutter is released..

has anyone outh there succesfully modified this either converting to mouth switch (difficult due to extra wire(s)?) or just adding additional wire between the two ends.?

either way it looks like ill have to cut to get through helmet..:|

what about adding a stereo style quick release? probably not if there are more than one wire inside..

any help would be appreciated...

avenfoto,

There are only three wires in there that you should be concerned with to make the connection you need.

However you may be best off picking up, or at least looking at, an MC-22 first... also found at B&H HERE

It has the colored wires on the ends that may help you narrow your search.... from there I'll PM you more details.

Matt

Some other people have posted this before, but anyhow:

There is a cheap chinese copy of the MC-30 calles "Adidt M1" which connects directly to a tounge- or bite-switch, no cutting required:

http://www.adrenalens.com/d60remote.htm

You can find these switches easily on ebay, my switches (4) all work fine, but since they are quite cheap, perhaps buy 2 just in case on doesn't work...

:)