bigbearfng

How to strip audio track and replace?

OK, Picture package (I've got a sony hc40)I've been playin with; it doesn't do much plus poor video qaulity.
I have Nero7 and am happy with it, but....is there an easy way I'm missing to delete the original audio and not just add a track of music on top???
Or another software that'll work? I also tried windows movie maker-not impressed with the video quality on that either. What is everyone using?

If you are capturing as a type 1 or 2 avi file, it's no big deal to strip out audio and replace with silence.
If you're capturing any other format, then the audio may or may not be interleaved, and requires original or rendered replacement audio.
Most NLE's (nonlinear editors) can render a video file without recompression, and without having audio in the file, but a type 1 avi file MUST have a sound file associated with it. Type 2 doesn't require an actual file, but will create a false reference. It's easier just to render the file with the audio muted.
In Sony Vegas for example, rendering a DV AVI file with no audio would literally take seconds, because it's only rewriting the header file associated with the video.
Moviemaker will recompress the video regardless of the format, I believe.